Thursday, December 30, 2021

Leftovers, losing weight and getting back on track

It's the same story that's probably been told ever since weight loss and Christmas was first introduced. And this is probably more than statements than questions, but I need to get the questions out somewhere.

So the diet has taken a back seat over the festive period (read since early December). There's almost 100% an element of self sabotage to deal with, plus the long standing argument with myself over "it's not a diet, its a change in lifestyle". My parents used to fill the house with all manner of treats, collected piecemeal from weekly shops and hamper gifts, so in fairness to myself, I don't buy in much "festive" treats and generally have plans for most of it rather than it being there for the sake of it.

But inevitably, there is always some left over, where either no-one felt like pudding after all or just generally purchasing too much. I've actually started to get on track (today) and honestly half the reason for writing this is just to try and resist the call of the yule log from the table. I'm not even hungry. (and its not even 11:00). What do you do with this food - do you just unceremoniously bin it all, try and eat it in within your plan, insist it on other members of your family? Food banks would be the obvious option for the unopened stuff, but not the 2/3 handfuls of leftover quality street...plus there is an element just because its a food bank doesn't mean they have to take your unwanted festive food and be grateful for it.

I'm mostly annoyed at myself, but trying not to beat myself up which just leads to feeling like it's pointless trying, not bothering (and starting the whole sorry cycle again). TBH, it's not even the food itself, I'm just sick of this cycle of doing well, "something" happens (positive or negative), back off track for weeks, hating myself, dragging out the motivation again, and back to "doing well".

submitted by /u/nikky0x
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3z9pT6C

No comments:

Post a Comment