Tuesday, November 27, 2018

15 years of weigh ins

(M/45/SW290 (2004)/ CW 209/ GW 189)

I’ve been lurking here and r/fatlogic and r/fitness for months, and you people have inspired, taught, and entertained me into the best shape of my life. I’ve been studying at my health journey this morning by looking at my weight stats, and have some thoughts:

  1. This graph illustrates whichever narrative you cling to: all of my weight loss attempts were successful. All of my weight loss attempts were failures.

  2. Each one of the “high weights” correspond to a big change in my life, which I almost always did not navigate through in a healthy way. Examples are: job changes, state to state or country to country relocations, divorce, surgery, depression, alcohol abuse. These “high marks” are really low points in my life story.

  3. Inversely, I’ve been at my happiest and most effective during the valleys in the graph.

  4. There are examples of many diets or lifestyles that absolutely worked for me: daily running, no exercise at all, weight watchers, juice fasts, whole food, vegetarian, vegan, low carb, Keto, Carnivore, intermittent fasting.

The HAES posts that diets don’t lead to long term weight loss for most people infuriate me, but based off of the research I’ve read seems to be true. For most.

Diets are easy. Weight loss maintenance is really effing hard. I’m pretty sure I’m capable of doing difficult things that other people can’t do, and I think you are too.

15 years of weigh ins

submitted by /u/DunningKrugerExprt
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Aso4UB

No comments:

Post a Comment