Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Thoughts on an 800-1200 calories a day diet and bitter melon?

1600 calories I break even. Last time I was on a diet I managed to do <1200 by cutting out dairy and dressing. I am over 260 lbs(5'4") and lost 9lbs in the last two weeks just eating roasted high fiber veggies. I haven't been counting calories but I'm starting today.

Looking at low calorie vegetables(besides watery ones like iceberg, cucumber or celery) I saw that bitter melon was 20 calories a cup and very nutritious (I've had it before and I know its gross)

I heard the best way is to make it spicy and garlicky to mask the taste (mom makes it with tofu, tomato, and a little ground pork) With a little black bean sauce I can make it about 55 calories a cup. I was thinking that as bitter as it tastes, I could eat it as a (large 3 cup ) meal for under 300calories. And probably have it as a side to fill me up almost daily.

I drink my coffee black now, and can somewhat tolorate/ignore the bitterness, so I think maybe this can work. I'm hoping to lose at least 100 pounds in the next 2 years, but I'm really hoping to get down to 200lbs by next year.

Also, I can only diet for weight loss, I was hit by a car and I am unable to work out, even sitting upright is a lot of pain.

submitted by /u/GothGeminiGirl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FLLpWZ

No comments:

Post a Comment