Sunday, November 25, 2018

NSV - Thanksgiving weekend could’ve gone a lot worse

I stepped on the scale this morning prepared for the worst. It has been three days of kind of forgetting I was trying to lose weight at all and I was prepared to see my body holding a lot of water. To my great surprise, I was only up one pound! I honestly was a little shocked and had to weigh myself twice.

In reflection however, I realize that I wasn’t out of control. I wasn’t overindulgent. I should be proud of how I handled a holiday out of town that literally revolves around eating.

Here’s what I did well:

  • tracking everything I could to the best of my knowledge

  • I did not go for seconds at thanksgiving or the day after thanksgiving lasagna dinner. I made a decent sized plate, ate it, decided to wait a few minutes and afterwards I really didn’t want seconds

Here’s why I thought I’d be up more on the scale:

  • booze, my weight loss enemy. Some heavy drinking Thursday followed by two more days of casual beer drinking

  • While I erred on the side of overestimating my calories, I was still above maintenance everyday

  • My hip has been flaring up so I only ran one day last week

  • No IF since Thursday. That extra 200-300 calories at breakfast really makes it hard to keep it low with the calories

So the important thing now is jumping right back into my good routine I keep during the week. Nonetheless, I’m proud of myself. Figuring out this kind of balance was a huge goal of mine. I feel like I enjoyed what I was eating, but not to a point of shame and discomfort.

I hope everyone in the US had a lovely, lovely thanksgiving holiday and wish everyone healthy days ahead.

submitted by /u/43followsme
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PV3OVY

No comments:

Post a Comment