Friday, November 30, 2018

Fun Friday Discussion: Are there any gadgets/apps that have helped you stay on track?

With the holiday season upon us, I thought it would be fun to know if there has been any gadgets, apps, appliances, etc. that have helped you lose weight or stay motivated? I know it all comes down to CICO, and no gimmick can replace that equation, but let's face it, weight loss can be boring, so having something to make it fun can help with motivation.

For me:

  • MyFitnessPal- this is an obvious one for people on this community, but this app is a lifesaver. I recently discovered a widget on my phone to put the calories remaining on my home screen, which is a good reminder.
  • FitBit- I have an old version, and it does help me stay motivated to move more. I generally don't count back the calories from thing like walking, and know it isn't always accurate...but still, there is something motivating for trying to reach those 10,000 steps. Especially if I'm having a lazy Saturday, seeing "200 steps" in a day makes me get off my lazy ass.
  • SodaStream- I bought one on Black Friday and already am obsessed. I'm just using it for unflavoured fizzy water, and find it helps me drink more water during the day, and also reduces my desire to drink unhealthy beverages like juice. I put some lime or lemon in it, and for some reason, it's just more enjoyable than regular water.

What about you? Anything else I should be adding to my wish list?

submitted by /u/canadanimal
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FQ4V4X

No comments:

Post a Comment