Wednesday, November 28, 2018

My Rocky Road with Weight that Led to a Mountain Top.

It was January 28th of this year when I had my wake up call. The scale was over 400 pounds and sadly this wasn't the first time. In 2014 I had reached a peak weight of 464 pounds. In that year I took my first steps to get the weight off. Between 2014 and 2016 I got down to 292 pounds. I was quite happy with myself, I was making awesome progress. Sure I had gone up a little and down again but I was still away from that 400 pound mark.

Then 2017 hit. It stated right away in January. Before the end of the first month I was back over 300 pounds. Then by March I was 330., over 350 by May. I told myself I could lose it, I knew how. But still I spiraled out of control. By September I was pushing 380. Despite knowing how to lose the weight there was this mental block in my mind. By the end of 2017 I was damn near 400 again, by January 26th of this year I hit just over 407 pounds.

The anger and frustration I felt with myself was overwhelming. I was rapidly heading back to 464 pounds and maybe beyond. It was January 28th when I had my "Day 0" I decided to force myself out of this depression that I was in. No more excuses. The time was now. Within a few months I would be turning 40. Is this how I was going to enter my 40's?

When I when I was younger, I went to a mountain in Colorado named Longs Peak. I was in my mid 20's and in pretty decent physical shape. Fear prevented me from making the mountain top that day and it never stopped haunting me.

As the years went by and the weight gain struck, the thought of returning to that mountain seemed impossible. So on January 28th of this year, I decided that if I were to lose this weight, that I would go back to that mountain and take that hike from the bottom to the top. I didn't think it would be possible this year. I did it in 6 months.

Between January 28th and July 28th I lost 130 pounds and returned to Colorado. On July 28th I stood at the summit of Longs Peak and all my hard work paid off.

In the months that followed I lost a little more weight, but then it stopped. I stopped. I gained a little bit back. Was I doomed to head down the roads of yesterday? Oh hell no! After a few months of slacking, I'm back in the game. This isn't about weight loss, it's about reclaiming my life. In a lot of ways I thought Longs Peak was the end, but as it turns out, it was only just the beginning.

If you struggle with weight. If you lost a lot, then gained a lot back, I say to you. It's not too late to take the control back. If I can do this, then you can too! Find your mountain, what ever that may be.

I hope my story can you.

submitted by /u/nysnake78
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2zt097x

No comments:

Post a Comment