Thursday, November 29, 2018

Weight loss decision saved my life at day 1

Hello fellow friends, I just read this topic and decided to share my story which is related to it in a strange way.

As some of you, I was big all my life. And until this year it wasn't really bothering me. I turned 33 in February and at the same time hit 300 pound mark on a scale. Suddenly, my back started to ache(hey disk problems), same problems caused pain in my right thigh, my knees started to crack as I was 88, not 33, and all the other weight-related stuff also happened(fatty liver, shortness of breath etc). Finally I decided to do something. As a smart guy I decided to go and get a consultation about diet and exercises from my doctor cause why not?

Long story short, he suggested ultrasound of my guts, I agreed, and it turned out I have something on my right kidney. One MRI later it was confirmed that something is a kidney cancer. And the thing about kidney cancer is that a) it usually hits old people(45+) and b) it grows unnoticed until stage 4, which is usually just two more years of life after detection. So I got some bad news, but it was good at the same time. I have a appointment with my urologist on Monday but it looks like they will need to remove my kidney. Or if I'll get lucky just part of it. Anyways, what I want to say is:

  • Please, don't be angry at folks talking to you about cancer. There is a small chance that they are toxic persons, but usually they lost someone or saw someone and genuinely care ore worried about you.
  • Please, even if you're not ready to start on your weightless journey, or you're in the process, or you're done with it and just maintaining - do regular health checkups. Some blood tests and ultrasound once a year won't really ruin your budget but might save your life
submitted by /u/firstsputnik
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2E4Px2D

No comments:

Post a Comment