Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Wedding dress victory

I made my first post here a year ago and since then my weight loss journey has had its ups and downs. I was at my heaviest ever in April 2018 when my wonderful boyfriend surprised me with a proposal. I was incredibly happy, but seeing pictures from that night made me realize how far I'd let things go and how badly I needed a change. Fortunately, there's nothing that motivates quite like an impending wedding!

I started on keto shortly after and had great results. I lost 30 lbs relatively quickly and didn't feel like I was working all that hard to do it. I was running 5k with my mom about 3x per week, and eventually got to the point where I didn't have to stop and take a break halfway. People were beginning to notice my weightloss and I felt great.

Then the wheels fell off the wagon with a silly slice of cheesecake. Which turned into two, and then five, and then one remarkable stomach ache later, I was out of the swing of my diet. I had worked hard, why shouldn't I eat a whole box of cheez-its? Well regaining 10 lbs was why - moderation has never been my strong suit.

But I got back on the horse, on and off keto, but more than just controlling what I was eating, I worked on developing better habits. I don't have to finish everything on my plate; I should sit here for a few minutes before I go get seconds; if I'm not hungry, I shouldn't eat lunch just because its lunch time and I brought tasty leftovers. I was working on developing a new relationship with food.

Another habit was continuing to run, and going to the gym a few times a week to get back into the habit. I loved lifting in high school, and I wanted to feel strong again.

So that brings me to this week, and what a week it has been! On Sunday, I weighed in at 45 lbs down from my starting weight - and in a healthy BMI range for the first time since probably middle school. Yesterday, I ran 5k in 26 minutes and 13 seconds, which blew my old PR out of the water by nearly two minutes. I felt fast! And today, I stand here in my wedding dress that I ordered 6 months ago, and I am drowning in it. What was the perfect size just a short time ago is now going to require some serious tailoring, and it might just be the happiest $250 I'll ever spend.

I get married in April, so I'm hoping to lose this last 20 lbs by then, but even if I don't, I'm so proud of how far I've come. I have developed good eating and exercising habits, and despite the misery that is grad school, I'm making time for me. I must acknowledge the unwavering support of my wonderful fiancé, who has even gone so far as to ride his bike next to me while I run and cheer me on (he has a knee injury and can't run himself).

Thank you for reading and sharing my happiness with me :)

submitted by /u/fatgirlrunning3
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2r7jDdB

No comments:

Post a Comment