Tuesday, November 27, 2018

F/33/5'6''/155lbs What 100 miles of walking can do to you

So we spent Thanksgiving in Spain this year and it has been an eye opening experience for me as far as weight loss is concerned. With all the museums and chapels I was logging around 10 miles a day for at least 10 days. I was absolutely not watching calories, not getting enough rest since there was so much to see and explore. We are back home and today when I weighed myself I was 2 lbs down from 157lbs. I had plateaued for approx 4 months and no amount of exercise, diet was helping. I am currently doing Intermittent Fasting, I run once a week, I try to watch my portions, I avoid pizza/pasta/desserts but NADA.

What I believe truly helped me was being in a happy state of mind, portion control (small meal sizes compared to the US) and ALL THE WALKING. Losing 2 lbs over 100 miles is not an achievement at all. But it made me realize that losing weight and maintaining it is not hard if you have a healthy life-style. I noticed that the portion sizes in Europe are much smaller than the US, there aren't a myriad of "targets", "Walmarts", "7-Elevens", etc., people walk everywhere etc.

submitted by /u/cutekatzchen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KJ2MqB

No comments:

Post a Comment