Sunday, November 25, 2018

is variety the key to maintaining a healthy eating lifestyle?

My weight yoyo'd forever, I got to about 330 and was like "im not going any higher, not setting any new records for myself"

Some background (you can skip): I dropped 20 pounds or so since I started examining how I ate, since May. Basically I went to trader joes a bunch, had frozen food, got burned out of having the same thing. While I was going to TJs someone told me to do IF, and that worked!! Just, after several weeks I started lapsing and having breakfast again. After the end of summer, my weight loss stopped and yoyo'd a little bit, from 308-315ish. I stopped IF, I stopped going to TJs, started having braekfast again, stopped calorie counting. To this day I still hover around 310 so I'm proud of myself for the initial weight loss.

I went home, after a couple months of my weight yoyo'ing, and had thanksgiving. Had leftovers all the time, ate 2-3 meals a day with some snacking. And this was the good kind of leftovers with reasonably big portions- a good bit of stuffing, some turkey (no gravy) and candied yams. Helllll yeah. actually had that three times in one day! I checked the scale this morning once I got home and I lost weight, to my surprise - I had some candy and a bag of trail mix at the airport for my dinner. This just shows me that I can eat like a normal person and probably lose weight just eating 3 meals a day.

My go to is fast food. I have options. And if I'm sick of where i'm going I just choose another place, that has more options. At TJs I feel like I only have a few options, besides cooking. Am I constantly falling off eating better because I'm either restricting myself with IF, and limiting my options by laziness of not wanting to cook and do dishes, and by lack of variety in my choice of food options? The first one I can address easily, the last two are where the work comes in. I hate how I turn "on" and am health conscious for two months, wanting to improve, then for awhile I just either do damage control and maintain, or I do damage and my weight increases. It's rare that while I'm in my damage control phase, I've maintained. I just want consistency though.

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

submitted by /u/tingstodo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Qh8lBD

No comments:

Post a Comment