Thursday, November 29, 2018

Depression and Weight Loss - Any tips?

Hi r/loseit,

I was just wondering if there were any users who are struggling with depression and weight loss and hoping that people had some tips to help with managing weight loss, antidepressants and anxiety/depression in general.

I had been making fairly steady (maybe a little slow, but I didn't mind that so much) progress - I'd got down to 88kg (194lbs) at one point and was really toned (for me, anyway!). Then I had a bit of a break down and I am struggling to get back on it with eating well and exercising.

I've always enjoyed food, never minded eating healthy foods - I love salad or veggies with a bit of fish, but I just don't enjoy anything anymore. I'm eating crap because I can't motivate myself to cook or do anything other than stare vacantly into the distance, then I hate myself for eating junk. When I shop for food I feel overwhelmed by the choice but at the same time nothing seems appealing. It's a double whammy because the meds I am on just make me crave sweet foods, so I am really struggling to resisit them at the moment. Also, I am getting panicky in crowds of people and am struggling to breathe so I haven't been in the gym for weeks. Again, I miss it but at the same time I am anxious about going back even if I know it would be good for me.

What do you guys do when you're in a slump like this? How do you get back on it? I'd really be grateful for any suggestions.

submitted by /u/LucyMullet
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Q2WU0X

No comments:

Post a Comment