Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Hiring a personal trainer broke my plateau

I was stuck at 232-235, losing and gaining the same three pounds for three months, and it was really frustrating.

Someone on this board, I don't remember who, recommended I see a trainer and add strength training to my program. My trainer went through my diet, moved me to My Fitness Pal, increased my protein macros, recommended I drink 100oz of water every day (65 oz is not enough she said), and started me on a strength training program. The trainer is expensive, but worth every penny. I was afraid the muscle gain would slow the weight loss, but that was not my experience.

In the last month, I have lost 6-7 pounds. She gave me some exercises to strengthen my back and is building up my knees, and I feel so great. I know a lot of people can lose weight quicker than me, but for a middle age lady, I am doing pretty well.

This loseit board is so great. Thanks to everyone, it is so inspiring to see all of your progress every day.

submitted by /u/pho_phanatic
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BBmDVm

No comments:

Post a Comment