Friday, November 30, 2018

Can believe my own weight loss

I am currently sitting at 55lbs lost since April 2017. I took the slow approach in 2017 and lost 50lbs over the course of a year. I’d lose 10lbs, take a maintenance break and then get back on the wagon and lose 10 more. I decided to give myself a break starting April 2018 and went into maintenance mode. On the 1st of this month, I decided to get back to losing weight and have lost an additional 5lbs. I still have 30-40lbs to lose until I hit goal but it’s really not that difficult since I’m taking it slow and easy.

The thing is. I know logically that I’ve lost weight. The scale is registering that I’ve lost weight. My clothes don’t fit anymore and the size 12 jeggings I bought in in April to celebrate 50lbs lost are not falling off, despite my being in maintenance until just this month. I’m not working out. But my body is still changing. I, however, cannot see it in the mirror and sometimes it feels like I’m lying to myself. I find myself looking at my old weight logs thinking that there was a mistake and my scale was lying to me, despite using the exact same scale throughout. I even played with the idea of replacing my scale because I keep thinking that it has to be defective. It’s hard to wrap my head around.

Anyone here go through this weight loss denial? How do you cope?

submitted by /u/inkpoisonedsoul
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2E5OMGH

No comments:

Post a Comment