Monday, November 26, 2018

Does the accepted TDEE math not work for anyone else?

Hey all, I’m a short female (5’1”) who has been at this weight loss game for a while now. I’ve lost over 60 lbs and am about 15 from my ultimate goal. However, I’ve found that if I follow tdee/bmr estimates for how much I can eat in order to lose 1 lb/week I don’t lose at all. In fact, I have to eat significantly less than that (a few hundred under) and even then the loss is less than 1 lb/week.

Does something happen when you calorie count for a significant amount of time? Does your body get more efficient at holding on to the fat? I’m not thin at all currently so there’s no reason for my body to want to hang on to the lbs.

Or maybe bmr/tdee doesn’t change with your weight as linearly as previously thought?

As a side note, yes I do weigh everything, no I don’t eat back exercise calories, and yes I have adjusted my calculators now that I’ve lost weight.

submitted by /u/Ukneekorn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FKd2jj

No comments:

Post a Comment