Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Hungry in the middle of the night

Loseit, I could use some advice. I keep waking up hungry around 5 AM (I go to bed around midnight and don’t need to be up until 8).

I’ve been trying to lose weight for about eight weeks. For reference, I am at 185lbs with a goal weight of 170lbs. I have MyFitnessPal and set it to lose half a pound per week. I don’t have a food scale but try super hard to get calories logged accurately. I thought I was doing a good job but haven’t really lost any weight yet (story for another post, I suppose).

I regularly hit the protein goal myfitnesspal gave me (88 grams), though I usually don’t make the 25 gram fiber mark (it’s more like 15 grams on an average day). I do eat a decent amount of veggies (carrots and celery lately) with protein. Yet I’m waking up almost every night hungry (and way too hot even though I keep my house at 66 at night and use only a light blanket). If I eat right away, I can go right back to sleep. If I don’t, I’m generally awake for a couple hours and sometimes the rest of the day. (I used to eat a couple years ago when the same thing happened but don’t any more.) when I was actually at 170lbs, this happened a fair amount I think. I just dealt with the sleep loss.

What is going on? What can I do? Losing sleep every night isn’t working for me, but it’s beginning to feel like I can choose sleep or (attempted) weight loss. (I think that isn’t accurate, but it’s certainly how I feel.)

Has this happened to anyone else?

submitted by /u/ImInTheFutureAlso
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TPsFZM

No comments:

Post a Comment