Tuesday, November 27, 2018

I’m Not Going to Hide My Body Anymore

My entire life has revolved around my struggle with my weight, but more than that, my self-esteem. My hatred for my body has consumed me to the point where all I do is hide. I don’t have the courage to put myself out there and talk to people, opting to spend all my spare time at home. When I do have to go out, I wear baggy clothes to hide my shape and hardly bother with hair/makeup; because what’s the point when you’re going to look shabby anyways? I don’t approach people, and don’t really allow myself to be approached; all stemming from this deep insecurity about my weight.

And I’m done. I’m done not loving myself and not allowing myself to be loved by others just because I’m big. I’m a hot mess and clearly have a lot to work on, but I’ve decided to start by creating an Instagram account where I will be posting frequent progress photos of my body in all its glory as I embark on my weight-loss journey. I will NOT be ashamed of who I am, because the fact is that it can’t be changed today, at this moment. I will work towards becoming healthier, but until then I’m going to rock what I’ve got and let anyone and everyone come on this journey with me.

If anyone is interested in following me (and holding me tf accountable,) I’d honestly be more than happy to share the account here. Also, if anyone has something similar going on, I’d love to follow some other weight loss accounts to keep me going and feeling inspired!

But even just talking about this feels liberating. Thank you for this community. Though I haven’t really posted before, I do lurk and it’s taken the edge off the loneliness.

submitted by /u/veptavis
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2DO6xcz

No comments:

Post a Comment