Sunday, November 25, 2018

I had more confidence before I lost 60 lbs - looking for advice.

Hi everyone, this is my first post to reddit, but I think this community could help me through some things.

I (25F) have been overweight most of my life, but have recently lost 60 lbs. I lost 50 lbs fairly quickly over about 6 months through diet alone, and have spent the last 12 months adjusting to my body and new diet/lifestyle, starting yoga, working with a personal trainer, gaining muscle, and slowly losing 10 lbs more.

When I lost the initial 50 lbs I was very excited and posted a progress picture on Instagram and felt really good about it. However, when I recently passed the 60 lb mark, I did not have the same gut reaction. I want to be excited about reaching another goal, but for some reason I feel embarrassed. I feel embarrassed of the person I was before. I feel embarrassed that in almost a year I have only lost 12 lbs. I know that I have gained a lot of muscle, and that my body has still been changing for the better, but I do not feel confident.

Has anyone else experienced not feeling as confident after weight loss as they did before? What steps did you take to overcome these feelings? How did you become comfortable with your new body?

Tl;dr I have recently lost 60 lbs, but had much more confidence beforehand. Looking for advice to regain confidence and feel comfortable with my body.

submitted by /u/j-17-
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PU64wH

No comments:

Post a Comment