Wednesday, November 28, 2018

How do you find motivation?

I've learned, that for myself, motivation is my key to weight loss. We had problems getting pregnant, and when I went to a new fertility doctor when trying for our second baby he told me I have PCOS and that I needed to lose weight to get pregnant again. I really wanted another baby, so that really motivated me. I lost around 25 lbs in 4 months, and after I got pregnant I made sure to only gain the recommended amount of weight, and they were treating me like I had gestational diabetes because of the PCOS, so my carbs were under control. After I had my baby, and the swelling went down I was at the lowest weight had been in my adult life (only 12lbs overweight). Breastfeeding helped to keep the weight off, but now that I'm done nursing, the weight is creeping back on.

I know I need to keep my weight under control. I'm at risk for type 2 diabetes (from the PCOS and my dad having it), I have multiple sclerosis (it hasn't affected my mobility yet), my LDL cholesterol is slightly high, and I just generally need to be healthy for myself and my kids. This doesn't seem to be motivating enough for me. I still binge eat, especially when I'm hungry. With 2 kids under 5, and finishing up grad school, I'm having difficulty finding the time to exercise. I know these are all excuses. We're done having kids, so that can't motivate me anymore. Any tips on finding my motivation?

submitted by /u/PeacheyPie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2E1rm5m

No comments:

Post a Comment