Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Weight loss, ?dysmorphia? and vanity sizing

I’ve lost about 15kg / 33lbs in the past 6 months, and while it’s not a drastic change, it’s quite a big change (at least it is to me).

Since they (some article by HuffPost) say 15lbs is about one size down, and 30+ lbs should be about two sizes down, right? But I’m generally pretty pearish and most of weight is in my thighs, so while my clothes generally fit better, they also fit a little weirder. My jeans and leggings hug my calves pretty nicely, but on my thighs...they just flare around the widest part of my hips and hang loose on the hips. There’s a 10inch difference between my waist and hips, and while tailoring is an obvious option I can’t really do much in the way of leggings.

I don’t know what my problem really is, I’m just very anxious when clothes shopping, not because “what if I lose more weight?”, but because “what if I don’t fit in to size _____ pants anymore?”. I’m used to trying on clothes from the largest size down (I’m in asia, the largest size is usually an XL or maybe a size 16 or 44 in US/EU sizes) and naturally the gap between size XL, L and M aren’t that big either. With vanity sizing, that’s even scarier, because most clothes go S,M and L, and that’s all the info you have besides visually eyeballing the shapeless garment. I won’t know if I’m to big for an L or too small until I try it, and when I do try it stresses me out when I can’t fit into the size L pants, because it makes me feel like the weight I lost is insignificant and unnoticeable.

submitted by /u/jaguhs
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SdLaFJ

No comments:

Post a Comment