Monday, November 26, 2018

[Please help!][Diet] I'm noticing a severe lack of information for Men

Long story short: Originally lost almost 100 lbs, but I've gained and yo-yo'd so much in the past 2 years that I've lost around a total of 220-250 lbs, but gained most of that back. Now, I'm sitting at a 60lb loss from my starting weight (CW is actually 260-265 now).

I have NEVER had a healthy relationship with food. Most of my weight loss was due to depression (I struggle with depression daily, which usually causes me to over eat, but I went through a really hard time that caused me to be physically sick at even the thought of eating or food. I literally could not stomach any food for months. I had to force feed myself) and starving myself. I was never really taught what a health diet was. Health Ed would just go over a chapter of things like "Well you should consume 2 and a half cups of veggies a day" which means fuck all to a 10-13 year old kid who has no real control over his diet. I lived with my mother who was always working, and only rarely would she ever make a dinner (which was almost always just a prepackaged lasagna meal or the like), so I would just eat whatever I found in the kitchen. On top of all this, I was going to school at the same time that the FDA took bribes/lobbied into promoting grains as the group you need most of. So this already messed up my image of meals.

Now, years later, I'm paying for it. My body has no idea what a healthy meal plan is. It constantly yearns for unhealthy foods. I sometimes will break the addiction, but one slip up causes me to lose it completely. I'm tired of being ashamed of looking at myself in the mirror. I'm constantly told I'm attractive and I still manage to get plenty of dates, but I do not believe any of it. I don't believe I'm attractive, and my mind automatically dismisses anyone who says I'm good looking. I've made many mistakes in my past that I constantly work on myself to make sure I never make them, and I think part of me is subconsciously punishing myself for hurting others by eating.

So I've tried looking up a healthy daily meal plan. Not even for weight loss, but just what a normal mid twenties male should eat on a daily basis. And I only found one thing that doesn't mean shit. Two cups of 'veggies' doesn't mean anything to me. Two cups of corn? Two cups of canned corn? What is any of that?

Everything else is just for getting 'lean' or 'building muscle.' Not a single thing seems to actually talk about what a regular healthy day of eating looks like for a man. But there seems to be a ton of information for women.

I'm not a body builder. I used to work out, but it has always made me sick and I hated every second of it. Even when I just did daily jogs for almost a year, I hated all of it. I'm fine with 20 minute walks a few times a day, but actually working out is a complete dread and every inch of my body and mind hates it. So all these meal plans for "Building muscle" and "getting lean and toned" is useless to me.

It shouldn't be this hard to know what you should eat daily, or what an average day of eating looks like for a man. My most healthy meal plan I've had and stayed on for more than a few weeks was:

1 boneless skinless chicken breast baked (slightly seasoned)

1 frozen bag of veggies (400~ calories)

3 fried eggs

2 pieces of toast

some sort of jam or jelly (If I had it available. Usually I didn't)

And usually a sandwich (tuna) or another frozen bag of veggies (Usually the bag)

And that worked for awhile for losing weight. But I ended up falling off the wagon again, because this isn't really healthy, and I was still hungry.

I drink tons of water (I know exactly what my urine should look like, and drink accordingly. That, I have down to a T. Although I should take more sips instead of gulps).

So please, someone tell me what a healthy male diet is. Not for losing weight or building muscle, but just an average daily meal plan looks like. I have a fitbit Ionic that tracks my calories burned, and I usually sit between 2800-3500 calories burned a day. (4200~ when I used to jog)

submitted by /u/Lavanthus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BwOHcP

No comments:

Post a Comment