Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Friends and my Weight Loss Journey - Part One

We come across stories here about feelings of pride, motivation, failure, motivation, determination and a few in-your-face gloats. I want to share some stories of me, my friends and our weight loss journeys. This is the first.

I have a close friend who wants to lose weight very bad. It is hr life goal. If you know her, she'll tell you she wants to lose weight. She was skinny till a couple of years ago. She has been trying for as long as I ave known her. Jillian Michael's videos, HIIT, weight lifting, jogging, swimming, gymming, everything. A lot of people make fat jokes at her (she preempts this as sort of a self defense, so they feel they can too).

I wasn't ready to lose weight all this while. There was so much r/fatlogic in me that I don't even know where to begin. Seven months ago, I swam a whole month and lost 0 kg. I was pissed. Which motivated me to track what I was eating. I** called my friend, we joined the gym together.**

I lost 4kgs in my first month, was not very visible. When my friend asked me what I ate/drank, I told her. Protein powder and healthy recipes. The gym got crowded, I left. I continued CICO. She continued the gymming.

I am 13kg down from 6 months ago. She has maybe lost 1 kg since then.

Every time we meet, she brings up my weight loss - I have been consistently losing. She is amazed by my progress and LOVES IT (God bless her soul). There are no bad vibes there at all, which makes me want to help her SO BAD. She keeps asking me what magic I am doing.

I feel so helpless. She has been so supportive of my journey. I feel so bad and want her to lose the weight. I don't know how to go about it, really.

I have explained to her from day ONE (only when she asks me) that I am tracking my calories. I told her that I have calculated my TDEE and try and maintain a deficit. I log everything that goes in my mouth so I know how much I am eating. I showed her this sub. I showed her the LoseI! app(she downloaded it, I don't know if she logs), I showed her MFP, I even showed her this incredibly motivating weight loss article when I came across it a couple of months ago.

AS far as I know, she's still exercising a lot and not tracking her intake. She is denying herself a lot of high calorie food and eating equally high calorie foods in other forms due to lack of awareness.

I don't know what to do anymore. I guess I just have to be there for her, if she needs my help.

Tl;Dr: I can't seem to help my friend lose with me and I feel miserable

submitted by /u/CurlyMope
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2AtLkSa

No comments:

Post a Comment