Sunday, November 25, 2018

I don't have to wear plus size clothes any more!

I took the excuse of Black Friday to buy some new clothes as all mine are getting ridiculously baggy, and decided to take the risk of buying from the 'normal' collection rather than the plus size range that I've been wearing for about the last six years. I thought I'd still have to slim into them, but now I'm 67lbs down, I also thought it would be nice to have a goal sitting in my wardrobe waiting for me!

When the clothes arrived, I was looking at them thinking "Oh my god, I know they're still a size 18 but they're tiny! They'll never fit me." But I gave it a go, just to see how far off I was.

Everything fit me. Everything. I could have cried - I felt so proud of myself. I didn't cry though, I just pegged it around the house shouting about how I was a size 18 instead of a 24 (that really I was struggling to get into sometimes).

I've been doing CICO, but have found that OMAD works best for me (Monday to Friday, I don't do it at the weekend) and weighing myself every day has been enormously helpful to stay on track, compared to other attempts I've made to lose weight. I've also chosen to treat this weight loss as a set of rules rather than seeing it as a constant willpower exercise (for example it is a rule that I must drink a pint of water before a meal). Doing this has made it feel easier because I don't have to think about it, I just follow the rules. The biggest thing for me though has been not hating myself as I do it - I want to change but this time I'm not cussing myself out of I get on the scales and I've not seen the move I want. I'm working hard, I will continue to work hard and I will see the change I want to see and I don't deserve to be called a fat, lazy bitch by myself! It's all felt more positive.

Did anyone else have that weird moment of thinking clothes look teeny-tiny and not realising you would be able to fit into them?

submitted by /u/Chanel___Oberlin
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KwPJYR

No comments:

Post a Comment