Friday, December 28, 2018

Am I losing too fast?

About a month ago, I was diagnosed with insulin resistance and put on metformin. At the time I weighed 137kg (302lb). I have always been skeptical about my ability to lose weight and my doctor confirmed to me that having this problem can make it much harder for me to do so. They recommended I cut down my calories to 1200 gradually and I did. I worked out my goal weight (50kg/110lb) and my BMR (which, for my height, is 1400 calories).

So far I have cut down my calories to just over 1200 and almost entirely eliminated refined carbs from my diet, and I have noticed the weight is coming off. At first it was a huge relief to me, because cutting calories was always difficult for me and my carb cravings used to be so bad. I am currently down to 128kg (282lb). However, I am concerned that the weight may be coming off too fast. Is this normal for weight loss?

(Just to clarify, I don’t feel physically bad and I’m not forcing myself not to eat if I’m hungry.)

submitted by /u/throwawaycbfed
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2SpUtmx

No comments:

Post a Comment