Sunday, December 30, 2018

Don't forget to get enough sleep!!

Everyone who's ever had a health class already knows all of this, but I feel like it's important to reiterate it as we enter that time of year when everyone's about to head back to work and school:

GET
YO.
SLEEP!!!!!

I'm on break from college and it's reminded me just how important sleep is for weight loss! I feel WORLDS different when I'm getting enough sleep vs. when I'm not. So much more energy, concentration is better, fewer cravings, better workouts, more productive, better moods...the list goes on and on. Sleep is necessary for repairing muscles, processing memories and emotions, and releasing hormones. All super important!

I suck at prioritizing sleep. I have a hard time letting go of the day (definitely a night owl). It's a challenge, but I have my phone set to disable apps starting at 10 pm and I try to be asleep by 11 so I can consistently get 7-8 hours.

If you're like me and you're bad at sleep, challenge yourself to make it into a habit! Your body will thank you :)

submitted by /u/anxiousrose
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2rYWo5P

No comments:

Post a Comment