Friday, December 28, 2018

One year 80 pounds

I got out of the Navy approximately 4.5 years ago, shortly after my daughter was born. I had gained around 60 pounds during my pregnancy and since I was no longer working out 3-4 times a week and since I no longer had a PRT hanging over my head, I ate whatever I wanted and ignored my weight. A year after my daughter was born I realized I had gained even more weight on top of the “baby weight” and was on a destructive path of binge eating and straight up laziness. I stopped drinking soda and started making better choices when it came to food and lost close to 20 pounds. A few months in and I was feeling a lot better, then stress started to build up; I was in school full time, there was some drama with family and then, oh hello I was pregnant again. I lost my momentum and motivation and started eating whatever I wanted again (I have an out of control sweet tooth) and drinking several sodas a day. Fast forward to about a year ago, I looked at myself in the mirror and saw someone who I didn’t recognize, I saw someone who was struggling to keep up with her children, someone I didn’t want to be. I had at least 80 pounds to lose and I wasn’t sure where to start. I had tried a few diet plans and fitness apps off and on and nothing had stuck. I then stumbled upon an ad on Facebook for a new weight loss/fitness app an figured I’d give it a try. It cost money and I thought maybe if I paid for it it would force me to stick with it. Boy was I right! I have been using the app for almost a year now and I’m down 80ish pounds. I have mainly been focused on less calorie dense foods, smaller portions (eating off a “dessert” plate helps with this!) and sticking to 1200 calories a day. I recently decided to join a gym to regain my muscle tone. My goal now is to get back to my best PRT scores (which would be 60 push-ups in 2 minutes, 100 sit-ups in 2 minutes, and a mile and a half in a bit over 12 minutes -I don’t remember the exact time). I go to the gym 4-5 days a week and usually spend an hour and a half working out (there is a two hour time limit on the childcare provided) I use another app provided by the gym to track my workouts and help keep me focused as I tend to be a bit aimless on my own in a gym setting because Navy pt sessions are group oriented and have an appointed leader. I don’t know why I suddenly felt compelled to share my snippet of a story with internet strangers, it could be the two glasses of wine I had with dinner...who knows. I just hope I can be motivating to any one out there looking for encouragement. You can dooo eeet! same text post with before/after pictures

submitted by /u/Stephasizzle
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2BKP7Lj

No comments:

Post a Comment