Friday, December 28, 2018

NSV: I am bounce house sized!

I take my kids to this indoor playground that has a bounce house. One of the posted rules is "Weight limit 180 lb per rider." I always read that rule as "Not for grown ups." Um, no me, lots of grown ups are under 180 lbs. Well today my preschooler asked if I would bounce with her and as I was about to say I wasn't allowed I looked at the sign again and realized: I am 170 lbs. I may bounce. We bounced together. I may have cried a little.

One of my weight loss goals was to do more things with my kids and I am doing it!

Also in case it helps anyone else: I just got no where counting calories. What helped me was a general diet shift to less calorie dense foods, no longer drinking calories except for special treats, and, I know how stupid this sounds, smaller plates. Seriously, I started eating off of little saucer sized plates exclusively, and it made a huge difference for me. It's just the psychological effect of the smaller plate that helps me control my portion size and realize how much I'm eating, even if I do go for seconds. I also got a fitbit to track my activity and I've been walking every day. 40ish lbs down so far! That's over the course of two years, slow and steady :).

submitted by /u/swimlesson
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2SruUBq

No comments:

Post a Comment