Thursday, December 27, 2018

My crazy 2018 journey

Hey r/loseit!

As 2018 comes to an end, I took at look back at this crazy year for me. Unfortunatly , I'll be ending the year a bit heavier than I started it for the first time since starting my journey 3 years ago. But the fortunate side of this is I'm still much much lower than my starting weight, and in the grand scheme of things, taking a year for basically maitenence with all the crazy stuff that happened isn't that unfortunate at all!

On November 1st of this year, I finally cracked and got back into it. I hadn't lost significant weight for over a year.. The same 30lbs back and forth and sometimes even higher.

I hadn't been able to hone in and just get it done like I did before. I know what needs to be done...I've given myself reasons/excuses.. I've opened two restaurants which is really stressful but I enjoy doing them.. Raising two kids and having a suprise third while opening a restaurant.. Almost insane.. But..still I still knew the keys to success and ignored them.

Now that my hours are back to normal and I'm getting two days off a week and things are getting back to as "normal" as my seemingly crazy life can be.. I've figured it out. It took a few spells of real deep self reflection to figure it out

I basically lost who I was. I thought about the things that made me.. Well me. Disc golf.. Running, Meal prep, r/loseit, , and my weight loss goals. I wasn't doing any of them. I was doing nothing that made Josh well.. Josh. I have a wall in my room with discs and running medals. I'd get mad everytime I saw it because it was a reminder of who I was. Meeting new people at work, they would ask what my I did and my go to's are always "I play disc golf professionaly and I love running" but then I'd have to add.. Well.. Used to. It hurt. Regardless of how busy things still might get.. I have to still have time for me.

So with the help of my lovely wife, we've come up with a plan, and I'm excited to get back to being me! We've created a plan for both of us to schedule 'us" time around our work schedules , while leaving family time, making sure meals are prepped and we get our workouts in. So far it's worked like a charm! I've been back to my old self, and have actually lost 20 lbs since about November 1st.

Moving into 2019 with this momentum and back to my old habits, I'm really excited for what this year is going to bring!

In the wise words of u/thatcanadianguy88 in his recent post , One year of almost maitenence does not undo all the hard work I've done so far

submitted by /u/hxcjosh23
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2SsL25S

No comments:

Post a Comment