Thursday, December 27, 2018

Weight loss and reduction of chronic pain (focus on carpal tunnel/similar RSIs)?

Hello beautiful r/loseit. I’ve lurked on here for a while- finally gearing up to finish the weight loss I started in 2017 (5’3” 26y F, 190 —> 170, GW: 125lb) after a year-long plateau.

For some added motivation, I’m curious to learn if any of you who have lost your weight successfully saw a decrease in chronic pain symptoms. While my EEG was clean, I have symptoms strikingly similar to carpal tunnel, and it’s a bear!! My right wrist, my right elbow, and now, fantastically, my right shoulder are all a little wonky. I do application development in SV- it’s fairly standard in industry for this sort of thing to happen, of course. I’ve read several studies that weight loss can at least reduce, if not eliminate, these kinds of symptoms. That said, would love to hear stories from folks on the front lines.

I honestly don’t care about my appearance. I just want to be able to play N64 again. Cheers, gang.

submitted by /u/daringitlog
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Aiiuox

No comments:

Post a Comment