Friday, December 28, 2018

How different cultures value weight

Not sure if this is the right sub but just wanted to share a funny story that reminded me not to take myself/weight loss so seriously all the time. One of my coworkers who I hadn’t seen in a while came up to me in the med room (I’m a nurse) and super happily exclaimed: “I haven’t seen you in so long! How are you? Have you gained weight!?” I just laughed, I mean she was right, I had! goddamn Christmas baking😅 This coworker is Chinese. I’m born and raised in North America, but I’m African and my family back home used to call us “Fatty Boom Boom” and mean it with all the love in the world lol. Chasing health/fitness/confidence etc is always a great goal. But I guess I was just reminded that no matter where you are in your journey your body is still this weird/amazing/hilarious thing that we need to celebrate and sometimes laugh about. I hope this comes across okay, not meaning to make fun of any culture, I just think our differences/diversity is cool to reflect on

submitted by /u/shychickennugget_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2CCmr94

No comments:

Post a Comment