Saturday, December 29, 2018

Rude comments from acquaintances on my weight loss

Male, 28, 5'10". Started at ~250lbs, went down to around 140 through calorie counting + keto over a year and a half. I'm now in a regular 5 day per week gym routine, through weight training I'm up to 150 currently. Honestly, gaining muscle weight has been FAR harder than losing weight.

At my job, I occasionally have regular customers who haven't seen me in over a year and their positive comments truly make me feel like I accomplished something. However, I get frequent comments that "you need to eat more" or "you are too thin." It's one thing to comment on someone's weight without hesitation, but it cuts extra deep since I'm putting in so much effort to gain muscle weight. The reality is I'm the fittest I've ever been. I'm by no means "buff", but I have actual muscle definition for the first time in my life lol.

Has anyone else with a large weight loss journey encountered comments like this? I don't even know how to respond other than tell them my BMI is very healthy. I feel like no one would ever tell a stranger that they are fat, why do people think it's okay to casually tell me I'm too thin when I'm obviously decently fit?

submitted by /u/OsamaBeenModdin
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2LFqi8d

No comments:

Post a Comment