Sunday, December 30, 2018

Today is the day I change my life for the better

Last night I stepped on my bathroom scale and I weighed in at an astonishing 250 lbs. I weigh what a 6'3 athlete with built muscle should weigh and I am 5'7. The thing is I have always known I was a little on the chubby side but it wasn't until the past few months that I really started putting on the pounds. I remember 6 months ago I was around 225. At the present time, most of my shirts either do not fit me or look like a belly shirt on me. I want to do this for the same reason I feel many of you do, to look good, feel good, and to be healthy.

I have read some of the transformation threads or seen threads with progress pics posted and I must be honest that it does give me hope reading about people's success and thinking that I too can achieve the same thing. I have read many of the side bars and stickies and they have been at least a good starting point for me. Posted below are pics of me that I took today. My goal is to get my weight to at least between 180-190 and I want a built look. I am hoping to achieve this within 10-12 months or at least see a major change. I want to work hard at this because this is important to me. I want you guys to point out anything I am leaving out or experiences you had on this matter. I plan on posting a few new pics once a month to observe my progress and have some form of accountability here. I'm interested in results, not excuses. I have had far too many excuses in the past and it ends today. It is time for me to do what I know I can do, to see what I can really do because if I'm being honest I think we all want to know what we are truly capable of. Really though, the third picture is the one that shocked me the most.

**BEFORE PICTURES**

https://i.imgur.com/un1ni5Y.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/dFM1V97.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xX8uWxm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XWrXfIK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ePvuInU.jpg

Here is what I have done:

I have determined from 2 separate TDEE Calculators (SailRabbit & Bodybuilding.com) that my TDEE is right around 2200 calories, the next step would be to create a caloric deficit by subtracting that by subtracting 500 calories it will give me a total of 1700 calories. This number seems low to me. I arrived at this number by providing my height, I'm 5'7, and weigh 250 lbs and I am 30 years old. I'm thinking there will be an adjustment period because currently I eat take out all the time and I never measure or weigh my food portions. I am eliminating all fast food/ take out, all sugar, processed foods, breads, tortillas and no beer or alcohol. No food before bed. Just sharing your own experience is helpful. How long was it before you actually started to notice a change?

How long did it take to get used to a new way of eating? How does the way you look at food now differ from before weight loss? What other changes did you experience? Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Also, I joined a Gym. This would not be my first time in a gym. I am somewhat experienced with lifting and fell out a while ago. I like feeling active and the physical activity tires me and I have less on my mind so for me 6 days a week is something I am ready to commit to. I have heavily researched and received advice from people on this topic, again any tips or advice would be valued. Thank you.

Below is my routine:

*M/TH* *TUES/FRI*

Barbell Bench Press / Chin Ups Barbell Clean and Press / Dumbbell Lateral Raises

Barbell Incline Bench Press / Bent Over Rows Heavy Upright Rows / Push Presses

Pullovers / Deadlifts / Crunches Seated Barbell Curls / Close-Grip Press

Standing Triceps extensions with Barbell

Wrist Curl / Reverse Wrist Curl

Reverse Crunches

*WED/SAT*

Squats / Lunges

Leg Curls/ Standing Calf Raise

Straight-Leg Deadlift/ Good Mornings

So, in short, Caloric deficit+ Exercise/Gym= Weight Loss at hopefully 1 pound per week. By November of next year would be 45 weeks so I am hoping for at least 40 pounds lost by then. Is there anything else I should be considering or any resources I should be made aware of?

submitted by /u/Secret_Delay
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2CFbgMH

No comments:

Post a Comment