Friday, December 28, 2018

Reflecting on the past year - achieved so much more than I ever thought possible. (pics)

My heaviest weight was 320lbs when I was in high school. Yikes. I lost about 30lbs over one summer junior year, but I didn't understand weight loss and couldn't sustain the loss.

Last year I decided I needed to do this now, or I wasn't going to do it. I had never dated or had sex, I was missing out on so many opportunities. I felt like I couldn't enjoy the summer - my absolute favorite season - because I couldn't handle how I looked. Clothes didn't look good on me, yada yada yada.

I decided to use my student loan disbursement to get myself some vitamins and a protein shake. I got a fitbit. I started using the treadmill in my basement, and off I went. I officially started on January 20, 2018. I was just over 270lbs. In the last year I've lost so much weight - my lowest ever has been 197lbs. I've been lifting weights pretty seriously for the past few months and I've gained muscle. It's been a lot of fun. Seeing my body change has been indescribably fun. I've been obese since I was 11, so it feels like I'm going through some kind of 20-something puberty.

Keys to my success have been my Fitbit, and tracking calories on MyFitnessPal. CICO works, you just have to give it time and trust the process.

This is how I looked on Jan. 15, 2018 - my official "start pic", though I have a full body photo from a bit earlier (but the same weight) that I use for that comparison. https://imgur.com/a/d4HTyBQ

Here is me today. This is from a couple weeks ago. I'm going to take an official "yay me" photo on 1/15 to be a stickler about the date, and share that on social media. https://imgur.com/a/jzzGWQq

My fitbit tells me my heart health started at "fair" and is now at "good" - that's really why I did this. My fitbit told me my ticker wasn't in the best shape, which showed me that this is for far more important things than looks.

I still haven't been able to get myself out there to date. Sex is way weirder than they tell you on TV. I don't know when I'll feel ready for that, but gosh do I want it.

My current resolution for the next year, since last year's was successful, is to really put on muscle. I'm looking at a Garmin watch to help me track things in a more detailed way, and I want to get into some sort of sport in addition to my workout routine - and if you told me I'd be writing that a year ago, I'd laugh at you.

If you're sitting here wondering if this is the year - it is, go get 'em! It's so possible, you just have to keep going and trust the process.

submitted by /u/INTJam_on_toast
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2LCLRGp

No comments:

Post a Comment