Sunday, December 30, 2018

I want to lose the baby weight and my husband wants to lose the sympathetic baby weight!

Yesterday, my husband and I saw this post on here and it really helped us want to renew our own weight loss efforts!

This year we became parents to our beautiful baby boy, but also parents to our not so beautiful food babies. While I was pregnant, I used my cravings as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted. My husband happily indulged me on whatever I was craving (Bean burrito from Taco Bell and chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-A for lunch today? Sure!) and ate sympathetically along with me. After I gave birth, we used sleep deprivation and stress from having a newborn as an excuse to continue the unhealthy habits we had become accustomed to pre-baby. Not that we necessarily had healthy habits and weights before I got pregnant, but having a baby definitely encouraged us to give in to eating large portions of foods that aren’t necessarily known for their nutritive qualities.

We have decided that we need to be healthy for our baby boy so that we can see him grow and experience life! We want to be able to keep up with him when he learns how to be on the move (can’t even think about that because he’s already growing too fast). More than that, we want to set healthy habits for ourselves so that we can be good examples for our son.

We plan on using CICO to lose the weight and then to maintain our ideal weights once we reach them. While CICO does allow us to eat what we want, we will be making an effort to gradually choose more vegetables and lean protein sources over foods that are less nutrient dense.

I’ve participated in this sub’s challenges and discussions before and know how supportive this community is. We are really excited to begin this journey together with you all! Here are our starting stats:

Me: F/28/5’1”/173/BMI 32.7 - GW 120

Husband: M/28/5’6”/178/BMI 28.7 - GW 150

submitted by /u/aewfranks
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2CGXsBu

No comments:

Post a Comment