Thursday, December 27, 2018

Starting over, again

I’ve been struggling for the last year with losing weight. I went from living an incredibly active lifestyle (working outside where I was hiking all day and carrying a lot of equipment) to sedentary when I went back to grad school. For a while I could keep up with eating well and working out, then it all came to a grinding halt when schoolwork became overwhelming. I realized this past October that I had gained 14 pounds since going back to school, which doesn’t put me at my heaviest but damn near.

So I started counting calories and eating healthy yet again, I lost 6 pounds by thanksgiving. And then the holidays came and my discipline went out of the window. I’ve struggled with eating better/small portions at each holiday party and now I’m home for the holidays and I feel like I’ve just thrown everything I worked hard for away, I’m super frustrated with myself because I have gained 5 pounds back.

Today marks the start of me taking back control and starting this diet over again. Ultimately I’d like to lose a total of 30 pounds. So it will be a long weight loss journey but I need to stop yo-yoing with my weight and get serious.

submitted by /u/mildmanneredmonster
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2SmrcZR

No comments:

Post a Comment