Friday, December 28, 2018

enough is enough

hi all. over the last few weeks i’ve been watching my 600 lb life and i’ve kind of been slapped in the face by reality with it. i’ve seen some similarities between myself and the people on the show when it comes to their relationship with food. and it’s honestly terrifying. i always kind of knew in the back of my mind that i used food as a coping mechanism and did a lot of emotional eating but i never really thought about the consequences.

earlier this year i decided to, yet again, begin a weight loss journey but stuck to it pretty lazily. every time something stressful came up i’d ditch the diet and go back to my old habit, but even still i did manage to shed some pounds, or so i thought.

in september i went abroad to study and had to do a check up and when i stepped on the scale i wanted to throw up. i was 278 as a 21f whose 5’8. i had never weighed so much and really determined to stick to it. as time went on though i started slacking again, over eating and binging on junk food. and i made excuses to myself for that too.

watching my 600lb really kind of woke me up to the reality of my situation and made me realize that i could weigh as much as them. i could easily put on 50-100-200 lbs if i wasn’t careful. so i had a real hard look at myself and decided it’s enough. i’m done. i want to be healthier and better, not just physically but mentally.

i want to change my relationship with food but i have no idea how to start. i guess i was just wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions on where to start or what to do? i have a fitbit and set up a food plan, and joined a gym this week. i’ve gone now two days in a row. i’m starting to count my calories and watch my portions, but i still find myself thinking about food a lot. so any tips or anything would really help out.

TL:DR i started watching my 600 lb life and seen my future. i want to change my relationship with food, but don’t know where to start.

submitted by /u/mxddii
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2EUsmJ4

No comments:

Post a Comment