Thursday, December 27, 2018

hit or miss

when i was younger my tia used to always warn me that my apparent metabolism would eventually drain and leave me overweight. instead of listening i decided to stuff my face with more tamales and laugh it off. back then i didn't realize just how right she was.

now i'm a whopping 141 lbs, 26 lbs to big for my age, and honestly i didn't really care until the bet. i was completely fine being a 15 year old far too big for her age, my school isn't all that judgmental and it's very diverse with different sizes and body shapes, so i wasn't all that worried. and then i grew an affection for abs and belly button rings and realized if i wanted to freely wear a bikini this summer and pull it off, then i had my work cut out for me.

it was only when i was casually talking with a friend that the subject of weight was brought up and in a teasing way i was told there was no way i could get abs by the end of 2019.

and so it begins.

suddenly i began noticing more things, how my stomach bulged awkwardly in some of my clothes and how i wasn't as slim as i was in old pictures. i began comparing myself to the skinny girls i saw in tiktok compilations i watched at night instead of sleeping, to old self portraits my five year old selves drew in kindergarten- where i was maybe too slim, my friend who always laughed when i stuffed my face but never joined in. and i realized, why not.

it's the perfect time for me to get a hold on my weight before it's too late, it's about time i fix my eating habits.

i started taking the bet seriously. and that's where we start i suppose, me lying on my bed flipping through weight loss techniques on reddit and organizing a chart to help me do so. welcome to my weight loss journey, it's either a hit or miss but by the end of 2019 i will have abs and i will go laugh in my tias face.

any tips?

submitted by /u/cashmereflamingos
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2ESR2AV

No comments:

Post a Comment