Monday, December 31, 2018

Could use some encouragement

Hi all!

Started my weight loss journey in August of this year. In all I’m still down 27 pounds. Things went a bit haywire in November when my husband suddenly became disabled and was diagnosed with cancer.

Due to stress and probably awful eating habits, I quickly lost 7-8 pounds in about 10 days. I called my doctor, was diagnosed with what is likely stress-induced IBS, and was put on Bentyl. It helped a bit. I ate more (at maintenance), and my weight stabilized, which was the goal. I maintained for 2-3 weeks.

My diet is definitely still “off” compared to what it was. Gone are the 6+ fruits/veggies per day I was eating. Im more like 2 or maybe 3. I’m taking care of two kids on my own, chasing them around, cleaning the house, and managing bills on my own now. Plus I’m trying to visit him twice per day, though our son isn’t allowed on the floor (due to age), so we have to get creative.

In short, I’m still stressed and I’m not cooking or doing any meal prep.

Yes I should probably cut myself some slack, and I do, to a point.

I’ve started a C25K program last week to get me moving on my days off of work (job keeps me active), as well as for my mental health. I also started eating at a deficit again a week ago. Overall I’m averaging about -400 calories per day. With this, my weight is still stable this week, and I haven’t started losing again.

I am probably consuming more sodium than I had been. The steady weight can likely easily be explained, but given my emotional state at times, it just gets so frustrating.

I just want my old life back. I can’t have that back, so in light of that, I just want to be making progress for myself again. I want THAT back to normal. I need it for me, and I need it to be healthy for my kids.

Here’s to hoping for a better 2019.

submitted by /u/12bunnies
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2GMiP8D

No comments:

Post a Comment