Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Saying Goodbye to a Rough 2018 (and late 2017)

I'm 5'2". I've put on a total of ~30 pounds over the past 3-4 years. Some of it has been muscle, but an equal amount is fat that is destroying my self-esteem. I have struggled with my weight since I was around 16.

My weight loss journey started fantastically a couple years ago, but I suffered some fallbacks over the course of late 2017/2018. I actually sat down and wrote everything out, but honestly, the only thing that matters is the end result: between December 2017-December 2018, I lost about 5-6 months of gym time. Either I was too physically ill/injured to work out or those months were spent rehabbing my knee (which has failed me 3 times just this year alone) or other injuries. When I really laid it out I realized that yeah, it's no wonder I've struggled so much this year.

Needless to say, I am really looking forward to 2019. I've identified and corrected everything that was preventing me from going further. It's been everything from ill form, muscle imbalance, improper workplace PPE, to just plain bad luck.

I'm also doing a 30 day no booze challenge! Beer is pretty much the last bad habit I have. I average 1-2 a night and that's just not going to work anymore.

I've set some more concrete goals as well. I'm aiming to lose 30 pounds by June.

Here's to a new year!

submitted by /u/ventaway23
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2rUVAim

No comments:

Post a Comment