Monday, December 31, 2018

New Year's Resolutions

This will be the first new year's eve where weight loss will NOT be a resolutions. It was last year ( as it has been for every year I can remember ) but this past year I tried something I had never tried before and it did the trick.

Am 55 and have done it all ( with the exception of keto - I didn't know about it ) ...CICO, low carb, no carb - you name it and I tried it and everything worked - for a while. Then because I went whole hog into what ever method I was trying , the restrictions wore me down over town and I would cave and fall hard off the wagon. The weight would come back and it always brought more friends with it.

Long story short - this past January there was a work sponsored health / wellness weight loss competition. I joined a team and decided to try something that had very recently come on my radar - Intermittent Fasting. I won't go into a big explanation of the science behind it - there is a ton of info online and I will always answer messages asking questions. But because I don't believe there is a perfect one size fits all approach to weight loss - I just wanted to put it out there for those that might not have ever heard of it.

I research everything - this was no exception and I went into it as fully knowledgeable as I could be and I crushed it. The results I got were 'genie in a bottle grants a wish' amazing.

Below is a link to an old before/after post but at 55 I am now the leanest and strongest I have ever been. The best benefit from Intermittent Fasting is not the fat loss. It is why everyone starts it but to me the better benefits are the ramped up HGH production ( my body responds more to exercise now than ever before ) and the autophagy - the immune system boost. I have not been sick a single day in 2018 - not even a headache. My Dr and Dentist ( my gums are amazing now ) gave glowing reports from my last visits.

Any way - I just wanted to share what worked for me to give me a total body transformation that I never believed was possible and certainly not at my age. I melted through fat like I didn't believe was possible and once I was adapted to it - it felt effortless. I have been in maintenance for 6 months now and it has been easy.

IF is not a diet or eating plan. The changes that IF brings on are not tied to what is on your plate - they happen in the fasting hours when your insulin drops to fasting levels. It couples with what ever eating style you choose..cico, keto, low glycemic, weight watchers...you name it and you can pair it with Intermittent Fasting.

I am not trying to convert anyone or sell this as the only way to lose weight...but I can say that it did for me what none of the others could...this was the perfect fit for me.

Best of luck in 2019. I would highly recommend doing some research into Intermittent Fasting if you have never heard of it and if you do and have questions...please feel free to reach out to me - I spent about 80 hours online googling it and everything related to insulin and autophagy and while IF is a very easy concept, there is a learning curve to successfully putting it into practice.

Happy New Year Everyone

https://www.reddit.com/r/progresspics/comments/a07sjh/m5559_240_lbs_150_lbs_90_lbs_70lbs_of_that_lost/

submitted by /u/Jobijuanfaster
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2VisjvD

No comments:

Post a Comment