Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Reality check - it’s time for a change

Looking at pictures of myself from this Christmas actually made me sick to my stomach. But looking at the scale too???? YIKES.

I feel like I’ve always been on a weight loss journey. I went off to college 5 years ago and weighed 265lbs (I’m 6’) During my college years I took health and fitness very seriously and got down to like 185lbs. Then again I didn’t have a job and had more free time to work out and plan/cook meals. But even then I never felt I was slim enough. I’ve always felt like the big kid. Always trying to lose weight, trying the latest diet, trying a new workout, and always thinking that ONE thing would be the absolute key to me dropping all my excess weight, the heavens would open, angels would sing, and I’d finally win the battle I’ve fought for so long.

At my college graduation, I was right at 190lbs. Fast forward to a year and a half out of college and I’ve gained 30 lbs since graduation (thanks, corporate America.) But, I have had two major surgeries since then and both required 12+ weeks of rehabilitation. Most recently, I’m recovering from hip surgery. I have this horrible fight with myself everyday of “needing to lose weight” but also needing to focus on just getting back to walking normally again.

Weighing the day after Christmas this year was really the slap in the face I needed. It’s not fine, I don’t hide my weight well, and if I can tell, others can too. (Doesn’t help that my mom makes not so subtle comments.)

I’m putting it into the Reddit universe that I’m going to lose this weight, and get down to a healthy weight of 175lbs by next Thanksgiving.

submitted by /u/tdp01
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2QP8L3f

No comments:

Post a Comment