Friday, December 28, 2018

There is no right time to lose weight

I hear a lot of people, myself included, fall into this trap of saying "I'll lose weight when the timing is right," especially with new years right around the corner. Let me tell y'all, the time is never right. There will always be some excuse as to why you should wait a few more weeks to start being healthier.

As a personal antidote, a month into my weight loss my best friend died suddenly. I feel like of all the reasons to emotionally eat, a dead best friend is a pretty good one. I didn't though. I was gentle with myself and I let myself have comforting foods, but I stayed within my calories and I practiced other self-soothing strategies. I don't say this for pity or anything like that. I just want people to know that eating better is a choice, and it is a choice you have to make every day, regardless of circumstances.

I could have stopped losing weight after my best friend died. I wouldn't have lost any weight, probably would've gained it instead, and I would feel worse.

Losing weight isn't a quick diet. It's not something that you do for a few months and then stop. What are you going to do when you face struggles after getting to your goal weight? This is a lifestyle change and you can start as soon as you want.

submitted by /u/PhotosyntheticBlur
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2LCn0m4

No comments:

Post a Comment