Saturday, December 29, 2018

Struggling With Patience

I started tracking my calories in late September of this year. I’ve got over 100lbs to lose (38y female, 5’5”). I’m purposefully going slow, as I’ve lost weight before with various diets and I’ve always ended up going back to my old eating habits. I’ve been bullied about my weight since I was a little girl, and well before I was actually fat, so I had some emotional stuff I had to work through before I could do healthy weight loss. Anyway, I’m doing CICO and IF now, and it works. Because of course it does. But when it works I find myself getting frustrated because I have so far to go. It’s driving me nuts because I’ll lose 5 lbs and then instantly calculate how many times I have to lose 5 lbs again, and then I have to fight with myself not to give up. I’m moving forward, but it’s definitely 2 steps forward, 1 step back. I’m working on making eating like this just a habit, a part of my healthy lifestyle, but I’m not there yet, as it still takes mental effort to make sure I’m eating balanced meals and not comfort eating (IF is great for that but it’s still an effort) Does anyone have any tips or suggestions to help with the mental struggle of consistency when I know it’s going to be a long road?

submitted by /u/olivandronious
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2LCPR9O

No comments:

Post a Comment