Saturday, December 29, 2018

Speed ≠ success

I have been on my weight loss journey for almost 365 days (1 year in 4 days!). Since the beginning of November I have been really relaxed with my eating and exercise, but im happy to say these have been maintenance months, no weight gained, even with horrid eating! I started going back to the gym and counting a cals again the day after Christmas, and to get motivated I like watching fitness gurus, and weight loss stories on youtube. Going into all the new slew of videos I haven't been watching for months i've noticed a trend that was starting to make me second guess my progress; there are so many videos now where people losing TONS of weight in a very short amount of time. I'm no stranger to "100 pounds in 1 year", that success I'm used to seeing in inspirational videos, but there are people you have supposedly lost 50 pounds in 5 months and 10 pounds every 2 weeks and I'm just.... wishing I had that luck....But also I know I should be proud of what I've accomplished so far. This year I have lost 50 pounds, and I've proven to myself that the current weight I'm at is maintainable! I just wish that there was someone making a video about how it took them 2 years to finally get to their goal weight, or just someone telling us that its ok to go slower. So I felt compelled to make this post; just because you're not where you thought you would be at this stage of your journey doesn't mean that your progress isn't good enough, and I hope you keep going into 2019, cause I know I am! WOO, that was cheesy as fuck

submitted by /u/Simplyspectating
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2EW2Jqc

No comments:

Post a Comment