Sunday, December 30, 2018

You’ve got this 👊

F 5’3, SW 218.6, GW 175

I made the decision, when I woke up yesterday, that it was day 1 of weight loss.

To give a bit of background, In school I was very active and I didn’t weight very much. Despite this, I struggled with my self worth and was unhealthily obsessed with weighing myself.

University hit and I stopped exercising and gained more and more weight. I didn’t own scales because of my history but finally brought some in 2013. I remember crying the whole night when I read that I weighed 201 pounds. I started to lose weight through calorie control and exercise and dropped down to 171 by the next year.

Since then I have gradually gained the weight back (and more!) partly due to a new desk based job. I’ve had little attempts at dieting but nothing has stuck.

So yesterday, aged 28, I stood on the scales, read the number and I didn’t cry. I didn’t fall into a ball of shame. Instead, it was just a starting point and I realised the number doesn’t define me. To think how far I’ve come in terms of my self worth in 10 years is incredible.

Here is to all of your badasses starting your own journey’s. I can’t wait to read all about them.

submitted by /u/Cliff-2018
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2VkdqbT

No comments:

Post a Comment