Wednesday, December 26, 2018

It wasn't the path I envisioned, but I still rode down a path of healthy, sustainable and long term changes

As 2018 draws to a close I find myself in a position I have found myself in for the first time. I am ending 2018 at more or less the same weight I started it at.

Is this how I envisioned my 2018 going? Not exactly but I am still taking it in stride. I entered 2018 in a pattern on putting on a few pounds and kept going. To the point where I went from my lowest of 280 to 305 and back down to 285. Now it is easy to look back at this and get down on myself or feel disappointed but I am not. When I look back on my previous years pre weight loss I was gaining 15 ish pounds a year on average. For the first time in my adult life I overall maintained my weight.

And you know what? That is still a massive victory in my books. It is a total change from the way I used to be and proves to me what I have been doing truly has been a life style change. I took the time to learn and develop new healthier habits and carried them over in all aspects of this journey. Sometimes maintaining your weight is as big a victory as dropping 40 pounds.

As we all enter the end of another year and the start of a new year in our journey I wanted to make sure to share this experience with others. I am sure that I am not the only one at this point feeling similar to this or maybe not feeling entirely happy with my progress. But guess what. I/you still made progress. Maybe you only lost 5 pounds instead of the 20 you wanted. Maybe you maintained like I did. The point is we all still crushed 2018. We made a ton more positive choices in life vs negative ones and for that I am thankful.

2018 did not follow the path I set for myself but it still followed a positive path towards long term healthy and sustainable changes. In a sub conscious way I have set myself up for continued success in 2019. A new year for us all to continue making progress to whatever our goals will be. And even if you set out for your first goal this year and did not hit it the important part is you set out on the path in the first place.

So heres to another year in the books and looking forward to another year of working towards the change I want for myself. And heres to another year of us all coming together here on r/loseit to encourage and assist each other towards our goals.

One year of almost maintenance does not undo all the work I have done.

Lets keep doing this ladies and gents. We are all in this together.

Remember, you don't need to be good everyday. Just have more good days than bad days.

submitted by /u/ThatCanadianGuy88
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Lzdj7X

No comments:

Post a Comment