Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Had a great year, but I want to push myself further!

Hey guys, using a throwaway account because I never normally post on reddit, just read. FYI I'm M, 6"1, 21.

I've lurked on this sub for ages, and I find it really inspirational hearing other people's success stories and seeing how supportive this community is, so I guess I'll start with thanks!

On Christmas Eve 2017, I weighed in at 108kg (238lbs). This was a year and a half after I'd started university and stopped the competitive rowing I did in high school. Since I stopped rowing, I had gained 28kg (60lbs), despite losing muscle. My family and friends were making comments about how much weight I had gained, and I felt shit about myself, but apart from that my life was going great and I guess I just didn't have enough of a motivator to overcome my bad relationship with food.

Skip forward to May. I'd been exercising more but I still ate like a pig, so I had got down to 103kg (227lbs) but had plateaued there. My girlfriend of 3 and a half years broke up with me very suddenly. I was heartbroken, and when I'm upset, I completely lose my appetite, so I basically didn't eat for a couple of weeks. I saw some friends who I hadn't seen in a while, and they told me I'd lost weight, so I got on the scales, and for the first time in over a year, I was (just) under 100kg (220lbs). This small achievement just made me feel so much better about the whole situation - I knew it was unhealthy how I'd lost it but this one thing had gone well and it was like a light in the darkness.

This kick started me taking weight loss seriously. Between May and October I lost a further 12kg (27lbs), until I was down at 88kg (194lbs) which I've maintained since. Overall, weight loss of 20kg, or 44lbs, in a year.

I feel so much better about myself, my friends and family have all said how much better I look, and I'm with a new partner who is very active and feeds my healthy habits. But I don't want to stop here. Ideally, I would like to reach the same weight and body composition as my 18 year old self, and I've got plans to do it.

I guess I'm not really asking anything in particular, I just wanted to thank you guys for all the love and support in this sub that has helped me more than I can say, and post my story in the hope that it might have the same effect on even one other person. I wanted to change, but I didn't honestly think I'd ever be in the shape I am now just one year ago. So please don't doubt yourself, whoever you are, because you will be amazed at what you can do if you set your mind to it!

submitted by /u/reddituser382353238
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2EM392s

No comments:

Post a Comment