Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Alternatives to Counting Calories

Counting calories is not sustainable for me. I get too obsessive over them, spending most of my day calculating and recalculating different potential options I can have. After a month or two, I end up getting too stressed amd anxious about them and completely giving up.

I know calories in calories out is the only thing that matter weight loss. I was wondering if anyone here manages this in a different way.

I was thinking of having a set of rules that would lead me to healthier and lower calorie choices. This would be more about portioning through the day, than about tracking. I came up with a rough draft (see at the end of the post).I am okay with looking at the calorie counts and making sure I'm under, but the logging and tracking is the part I find so stressful.

Please let me know if you have another method that works for you or if you have comments on my rules.

  1. Unlimited fruit (no sugar added), veggies, and lean protien

  2. Fatty protien (85% ground beef, bacon, dark meat chicken, etc) only once per week

  3. 1 serving of starches per day. Once on the weekend, can have an extra serving of starch or an unhealthy startch (fries, pancakes, etc).

  4. 1 serving of fat (cheese, peanut butter, avocado) / day not to exceed 100 calories

  5. 1 treat per day not to exceed 250 calories

  6. Cooking oil for the day not to exceed 100 calories.

submitted by /u/bisousbisous99
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2VewYhM

No comments:

Post a Comment