Tuesday, December 25, 2018

M/19/6'0 220 lbs to 166 lbs in a year. This is my journey

Hey guys, I've been lurking in this sub for quite a while now and I really appreciate the support that is provided by this community. I've been on my path of weight loss since January this year. I graduated in 2017 and began working on Canadian pipelines soon after.

I was eating a huge amount everyday because there wasn't a whole lot else to look forward to after work. When I quit in January this year, I weighed 220 lbs and my self-esteem was quite low. I decided to get it under control by using a 18/6 diet plan. My goal was to hit 165 lbs and less than 14% BF. I would only eat between noon and 6pm and hydrate through the rest of the day to reach this goal. I saw immediate results and lost about 20 lbs in 2 months.

At the time, I was also applying for college and upgrading some high school cores. I decided 200 lbs was a good place to leave off for a few months while I figured out what I was going to do with my life. I got accepted to a University in BC, so I moved out of Alberta and got a job for the summer until I started class. I realized how beautiful the location was and how I still wasn't satisfied enough to go to the beach or really enjoy myself publicly. I knew I needed to slim down by continuing my diet plan and getting some activity.

I joined a Jiu Jitsu class, which is excellent for cardio workout. Wrestling for an hour in 5 minute increments gets the sweat pouring. I began to feel more in shape and better about myself in general, but I stopped weighing myself because I was getting to wrapped up in the numbers. Then at the end of October, I weighed in for a tournament at 185 lbs. I was ecstatic that I was making some real progress as I had hit a plateau for a while at 190. At this time, I was also living in a dorm and buying my own groceries, usually consisting of tons of vegetables and fruits.

I got injured by a monstrous human in the tournament and ripped soft tissue in my elbow. I was out for 3 weeks and decided to run a few nights a week. The first jog I went for I managed to get 3.5 miles in without stopping or slowing down, even fitting in sprints between street lights. I was thrilled with the fact that I could run like that without feeling overly exhausted. I was starting to feel really good about myself. Again, I refrained from weighing myself. At the end of November, I was cleared by my doctor to continue Jiu Jitsu and return to full duties at work. I stuck to my diet and continued to work out.

Then this month it all came together. I had successfully completed my first semester of University with quite satisfactory grades, and I was ready to come home for Christmas. I had no idea what was waiting for me when I got home. I landed back in Alberta on the 19th, and just for shits and giggles I decided to step on the scale and see how I was doing weight wise. I got on the scale and it read 166 lbs. I was in total disbelief, to the point of accusing the scale of being broken. That night, I went to the local gym and sure enough, the scale there said the same.

I have reached my goal and have absolutely no idea how long I've even been there. I am so proud of myself, it's been almost 5 years since I've been under 170 lbs. I took my measurements and calculated 13% BF. I felt so good, and when I looked in the mirror I felt even better. I hadn't even noticed how much better I looked. When my parents picked me up from the airport, my grandfather drove past me because he couldn't even recognize me. Honestly, I don't think I could have given myself a better Christmas present. All my old shirts fit like garbage bags. My old jeans look like parachute pants or something. I bought some new pairs that fit me awesomely and they make me feel good about myself. I have so much excess fabric on my belt now and I love it. I've been getting comments about how much I've slimmed down and I love it even more. My self-esteem is finally at an appropriate level.

This boxing day I will be hitting up the mall to get some new shirts that properly fit me. I'm beyond excited to go back to school in my new clothes and chat up some cuties. Now my plan is to pick up protein powder and bulk back up to 200 lbs. I want to say thanks to this community for giving me perspective and insight. I want to thank my family for encouraging me and making me feel good about my weight loss. I also want to thank myself for finally doing what I need to and taking care of my body. My life is a whole lot more comfortable now.

submitted by /u/Rickman108
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2EK5rPF

No comments:

Post a Comment