Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Is a deficit above 1,000 calories safe to maintain assuming 1,500 daily calories were eaten?

Last attempt got removed for "not enough info" for some reason so round 2, with more thought process added. Tried daily thread but it isn't stickied so that seems fruitless.

25 y/o Male

300 lbs

6'4"

BMR rated at 2,500

Diet: Keto + Intermittent fasting, drinking Keto Chow as primary food source.

I was pretty sedentary prior, so TDEE likely very near 2,500 as well.

Daily intake goal of 1,500 (the minimum, as I understand it), 2 lbs a week lost.

I'd like to start working out, honestly with my main interest being if it's safe to use for potentially accelerating weight loss beyond 2 lbs a week without negative health impacts. Obviously getting in shape is its own reward, but I'm mainly asking whether or not I need to up my caloric intake with my physical activity, or if I can stay at 1,500 calories safely and enjoy the faster pace.

My biggest concern relates to the study cited in this video, where the Biggest Loser study found that BMR was negatively impacted.

submitted by /u/TheFatalWound
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2EM4PZU

No comments:

Post a Comment