Friday, January 18, 2019

23 (M) Started at 280lbs, currently 230lbs.

Hello everyone!

So, as the title states about six-eight months ago, I hit 280 on the scale and just thought "This is not the weight I am happy with." And so, I began my journey not just for weight loss, but for self discipline and self respect.

I began waking up everday at 5am, it sucked of course but I learned to embrace the suck and almost looked forward to it with the mindset of "pain is just weakness leaving the body." And somehow, it really got and kept me motivated - anyway. I'd get up, spend an hour waking up and thinking about the day and my task, drink a glass of coffee and water.

At six, I'd work out using some bar weights I purchased. I'd alternate between high weight low rep, and high rep low weight to try to build muscle and also do cardio/lean muscle growth. That went on for about 15-30 minutes depending on the day, then I'd do some running, or jump rope for cardio and would just go until I felt like I was dying essentially. Gradually my running time would increase. Currently, I can go about 10-20 minutes at a pretty well paced run which still isn't great but it's way better than my original like 30-60 seconds.

Anyway, to the stuff that I felt really made the weightloss work. My dietary changes. I avoided carbs and sugar like the plague - some carbs are fine, but just avoid obvious heavy carb foods like pasta and bread.

I focused on protien and greens, particularly I got addicted to these vegan chicken patties that'd I'd fry up in a castiron, with some redpepper and had a spicey chicken sandwich with wheat buns for like a week.

When I got bored of that, I'd chop up the cooked chicken patties and add to a spianch salad, with almond slivers and poppyseed dressing, with feta.

Everyday for lunch, I had a heavy protien snack like nuts/meat and or some cheese and grapes. Or a premade salad.

Alternatively, when I originally started I actually did intermediate fasting and only had one meal a day, I chose dinner. That worked really well initially but my body eventually adapted and the weight stopped coming off but that's how I lost the first 15-20lbs.

One thing I've found personally is you don't seem to need a long term exercise if you're eating properly. I'm not killing myself on my workouts, I'm not in the gym for two hours or anything... But I'm getting solid results. I keep having to get smaller belts and pants, and I can see muscle development along my arms and legs.

So, yeah personally this worked for me because I'm better at eating healthier than I am exercising. Personally I hate working out - That's why I kinda force myself out od bed, and since I don't have anything to do for hours, I can just defacto put it into my schedule out of boredom.

Edit: Just a sidenote, my next goal is an even 200lbs. (Don't think I've been that light since JR high.) And my final goal is around 170-190 for my height.

submitted by /u/Lortharious
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2AVFkCu

No comments:

Post a Comment